· Scaling Up: The convergence of social economy and sustainability. Edited by Mike Gismondi, Sean Connelly, Mary Beckie, Sean Markey, and Mark Roseland - FREE PDF available
· Taking the Next Steps: Sustainability planning and collaboration in rural Canada. Edited by Lars K. Hallstrom, Mary A. Beckie, Glen T. Hvenegaard, and Karsten Mundel
· Growing local: Case studies on local food supply chains. Edited by Robert P. King, Michael S. Hand, and Miguel I. Gomez
· Sustainable food systems: Building a new paradigm. Edited by Terry Marsden and Adrian Morley
· Second nature urban agriculture: Designing productive cities. Edited by André Viljoen and Katrin Bohn
Feldmann, C., & Hamm, U. (2015). Consumers’ perceptions and preferences for local food: A review. Food Quality and Preference, 40, Part A, 152-164.
Feenstra, G. W. (1997). Local food systems and sustainable communities. American journal of alternative agriculture, 12(01), 28-36.
Connelly, S., & Beckie, M. (2016). The dilemma of scaling up local food initiatives: Is social infrastructure the essential ingredient?. Canadian Food Studies / La Revue Canadienne Des éTudes Sur L'alimentation, 3(2), 49-69.
· Alberta Farmers' Market Association
· Eat Alberta - A non-profit sharing food knowledge
· Food Secure Canada - A non-profit working to advance food security and food sovereignty
Join the conversation online #ABFlavour